1. The patient must be visited by an ENT specialist from the CatSalut public health network. The doctor himself must fill out and deliver the pre-registration PAO, which must be signed with his own signature and stamp. In the province of Barcelona, this prescription is centralized in the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital. You can see an example of this document at this link.
2. They must go to the processing unit, normally in the same health center where they have been visited, to proceed with the administrative validation.
3. In the processing unit they must be accredited and they will be given the pre-registration.
4. In an approximate period of 3-4 weeks they will receive by ordinary mail the confirmation of the granting of financial aid. They will see that there is the pre-registration that the doctor once made and the administrative validation, both with their respective copies (one to deliver at the dispensing center and the other for the user).
5. Once they have already carried out the adaptation of the hearing aids in the relevant center of their choice, they must return to the ENT specialist of the public health network who previously made the pre-registration for them to carry out the health validation.
6. The doctor will ask for the pre-registration that they have received by mail to put another stamp on them and sign as the adaptation has been carried out successfully.
7. With the pre-registration stamped and double signed, together with the administrative validation, the center where they have attended will be able to process the financial aid and deduct the relevant amount from the invoice for their hearing aids.
You can see more information at this Gencat website link.