The advantages of rechargeable hearing systems
Rechargeable hearing aids, goodbye to batteries!
We can no longer imagine living without rechargeable hearing aids and as proof of this, the best brands are increasingly introducing new models for users to enjoy greater comfort and peace of mind. And it is not only about putting the batteries aside. These hearing aids have many more advantages.
Rechargeable hearing aids have been on the market for a long time, but to date they were not optimally used, as the battery lasted no more than 2-4 hours. But today the landscape has changed and on the market there are already rechargeable hearing aids that last up to 24 hours on a single charge.
The battery in these hearing aids is made of Lithium-Ion, a material that has a much greater capacity to store energy than other materials used so far. In fact, many mobile or car manufacturers are also using it, because it has been proven that the battery lasts much longer. Hearing aid batteries are small and also consume very little. This allows a hearing aid to be charged in 3 hours and can be worn for a whole day:
Additionally, lithium-ion batteries typically last around 5-6 years, just the recommended time for changing a hearing aid.
What are the hearing benefits of rechargeable hearing aids?
The hearing technology used in rechargeable hearing aids is exactly the same as what we use in all other hearing aids. The only thing that differentiates a rechargeable hearing aid from a conventional one is the use of battery or batteries.
What are the technological and functional advantages of rechargeable hearing aids over battery-powered ones?
- Usability: the user does not have to be aware of the batteries and, above all, it facilitates handling. Many times there are confusions to put the batteries and with the rechargeable ones, all you have to do is charge them every night in their charger case. These hearing aids work very well, for example, with people who have osteoarthritis or do not see well.
- The forecast: rechargeable hearing aids give you a warning before turning off. Half an hour before running out of battery they warn the user of their low battery level, which allows to anticipate the next charge. In addition, depending on the hearing aid model, you can also check the battery status through a mobile application.
- "Eco-friendly": rechargeable hearing aids are more sustainable than battery-operated ones. They are powered by an electric current via USB, which eliminates a multitude of highly polluting waste for the environment, such as batteries. Caring for the environment benefits us all!
- Savings: Conventional hearing aids use an average of 60 batteries per year, depending on the model. Can you imagine the savings it represents throughout its useful life (between 5-7 years)?
What are the latest rechargeable Phonak hearing aid models?
During the summer of 2020 we have seen how Phonak has launched its new Audéo Paradise rechargeable hearing aid capable of adapting to the way of communicating of each user, as well as to the different environments in which they are. Among them, we highlight the Audéo P90 R Hearing Aid in RIC format (Receivers in Channel) known for providing a natural and clear sound that allows the patient to enjoy sound as it should be heard. And in BTE (Behind the Ear) format we find the Bolero Marvel M90 PR rechargeable hearing aids distinguished by their unmatched sound quality thanks to incorporating the latest in hearing technology. Specifically, AutoSense OS ™ 3.0 technology and Binaural VoiceStream ™ to improve understanding and reduce listening effort from day to day.
Phonak rechargeable hearing aids are the first to include a designed, built-in and rechargeable lithium-ion battery that ensures a full day's life including unlimited streaming on a single charge. With 40% more power than conventional batteries, lithium-ion is reliable and compatible with the superior technology and performance of Phonak rechargeable hearing aids.
Another of its advantages is its fast charge. In fact, they offer you a day of hearing with a simple 2 hour charge. But what if you need a fast charge? In that case, with just 15 minutes you can have up to 3 hours of full performance. Plus, they feature easy-to-use smart charging options to charge wherever you are, without having to worry about running out of power.
The new ReSound One are also rechargeable
ReSound is another brand that in recent years has incorporated better functionalities into its hearing aids with innovative technologies whose sole purpose is the well-being of its patients. Its latest release, the ONE 9 R hearing aid incorporates for the first time M & RIE technology (microphone and earphone in the ear), with the aim of adapting the sound to any situation and environment without the user losing focus on understanding speech.
This latest launch incorporates the advances in rechargeable technology that the brand had already made in its latest models. Characterized by:
- Duration up to 30 hours
- Possibility of fast charges (30 minutes) for a duration of up to 8 hours
- Freedom to recharge anywhere with a dedicated small portable charger
- Access to battery status, at any time, through your ReSound Smart 3D app
Now that we are talking about teleaudiology and that innovation is making it possible for almost all the services related to hearing aids to be offered remotely, it is logical that hearing aids are also improving and adapting to the new times. Of course, always with the same objective: to make life easier and better for each user. That is why at Claso we will be happy to share more information with you and help you choose the best rechargeable hearing aids.