Protect your ears: earplugs for sleep and noise protection
Have you ever stopped to think about how many noises you hear throughout the day? If you want, you can try it now. Remember all the situations you live and almost certainly, in most of them, there will be a characteristic sound. It is normal and in some cases, these noises also make us smile or announce something positive. However, when it comes to sleeping hours, the rules are different and nothing should disturb your rest. That's why sleep earplugs are your best allies.
In this article we talk about what they bring you and we present some models for you to decide which is the best option for you. We also take this opportunity to recommend some very practical tips to make your rest easier. Don't miss them!
Earplugs for sleeping: listen to your body if it asks you to rest
Not long ago we talked about how important it is for someone who is dedicated to the world of music to protect their ears. The reason was quite simple: continuous exposure to excessive noise levels can lead to irreversible hearing problems. The truth is that this group of people is not the only one facing these problems, as many workers, especially in the industrial and construction sectors, work in constant high noise levels.
A very loud noise, above 140 decibels (dB), can rupture the eardrum membrane, even if it is of short duration. Imagine the consequences if it is prolonged over time for your hearing health.
Relatedly, noise can affect the quality of our sleep, which can also have a direct impact on our health. Approximately 30% of the world's population sleeps less than is advisable, and noise is often the source of this problem.
The solution to both problems can be the same: using earplugs.
What are the sleep plugs like?
Do you live in a neighborhood where cars, buses and cleaning trucks pass by at night, or is your house next to a train track or highway, or could your partner's snoring wake up a hibernating bear?
Believe it or not, these situations are very common, and they directly affect the quality of your sleep, but the good news is that with some sleep plugs you could find the solution.
Earplugs specially made for this purpose are usually soft and made with flexible materials, so as not to irritate your ears and are comfortable to wear. There are several types of earplugs, although in general we can speak of generic earplugs and custom-made earplugs.
Generic earplugs, as a general rule, do not attenuate as much power as custom earplugs; it is estimated that they can reduce the noise we perceive by about 25 dB. In addition, it must be taken into account that they are not usually very reusable, and must be replaced after a few uses. There is, however, a variety of generic reusable earplugs, made of soft plastic or silicone materials.
Custom-made earplugs can be made by a hearing health professional or at your local hearing center. Basically, they will make a mold with the shape of your ear in order to create earplugs that are perfectly tailored to you. In addition, these earplugs usually offer a higher sound attenuation of up to 40 dB.
Sleep without noise thanks to earplugs
As we said earlier, any constant sound of 85 decibels can cause hearing loss. In many work environments, this sound power is far exceeded; for example, in an airport.
It goes without saying that the use of hearing protection is mandatory in factories with machines working at full power, on construction sites where particularly noisy tools are used, in the motor world or even military personnel using firearms.
We offer various models of earplugs depending on your needs. Custom-made earplugs are again the best option in terms of performance, although in various work environments we can find earmuffs, for those who have a mania for wearing an earplug, but also because they offer a fairly high level of protection.
Whatever the situation, from Claso we can't stop recommending you to protect your ears. Any prevention is too little.
Our TOP 3: the best earplugs
Serenity Choice Sleep reduces the sound level by up to 24 dB. Snoring, noisy neighbors, cars on the street... All these sounds will stop being annoying and you'll finally be able to sleep like you dream.
In addition, they are designed to allow air to enter your ears, making them more comfortable. It also avoids the sensation of hearing your own pulse when sleeping on your side, as is often the case with other sleep earplugs. Other features include:
- They adapt perfectly to your ear thanks to the different sizes of ear cushions.
- They are 100% hygienic. Its acoustic filters with mesh technology allow your ears to be perfectly ventilated.
- They are made of hypoallergenic material (TPE for medical use) to take care of your health.
- And, in case you're worried about missing out on what's going on around you, they preserve the natural sound of the environment around you.
Drills, hammers, excavators, power saws... Many tasks would be impossible to perform without their respective machinery. The main consequence is that we are exposed to noise levels far above what is considered healthy. Beyond 85 dB, the noise safety limit, the sound can end up affecting your hearing health. These earplugs protect your ears because:
- They reduce the sound level by up to 24 dB, for up to 8 hours in any environment with noise up to 109 dB.
- They have an air duct to the ear, to maintain proper ventilation and unparalleled comfort.
- They are fully washable, making them suitable for use in dirty or dusty environments.
For those who can't live without music but at the same time want to (and should) protect themselves, these earplugs reduce the sound level by up to 17 dB. So you can listen to music with an intensity of up to 102 dB for up to 8 hours. In addition:
- They use a membrane filter that reduces the volume of all frequencies equally.
- They offer a flat, attenuated response, reducing all volume equally.
- The music will remain the same just at a safer volume.
Want more information before you choose? Ask us about other earplug options for sleeping, working, enjoying music or even playing sports. We love to hear from you.
5 tips to help you sleep better
According to the World Health Organization, almost 40% of the world's population suffers from some kind of sleep disorder. Not all cases are related to noise, as there are other ailments that influence the rest but in Claso, we want to help you to make the moment of going to bed as you imagine it.
That's why, in addition to offering you the best earplugs for sleep, we have compiled 5 tips that you can introduce into your rest routine. They are effortless and you can gain a lot in return.
- Try to go to bed with your mobile devices turned off or away from the bedroom. The blue light they emit inhibits the production of melatonin, the hormone related to sleep.
- Establish a sleep schedule so that you always go to bed and get up at the same time.
- If you exercise at night, try to change the schedule and practice it at other times of the day. This will reduce your stress level and improve the quality of your sleep.
- What you can do before going to sleep are stretching or breathing exercises, slow and controlled, that do not require much effort.
- Did you know that temperature also affects sleep? Knowing that high temperatures are associated with insomnia, look for appropriate pajamas for each season and make sure your room is ventilated before going to bed.
Do you already know which earplugs you need? Enter our online store and you can enjoy the rest you deserve.
We have all spent a difficult night, in which the noises have not let us rest. If there is one thing we know, it is that it is much more difficult to face a new day. Our mood worsens, we have a lower concentration at work, physical efforts are harder for us...
That's why we want to offer you our sleep earplugs, because it's our way of telling you that at Claso we care about your health.