5 tips for taking care of your hearing aids in winter
Taking care of your hearing aids is a very simple task that will prolong the life of your hearing aids. Taking a few precautions and devoting only a few minutes to them a day can prevent them from malfunctioning and not making the most of their potential. These operations may vary depending on the time of year. Here's how to take care of your hearing aids in winter.
Five tips for taking care of your hearing aids in winter
The arrival of the winter cold brings with it many changes. Temperature contrasts are more extreme, humidity increases and snow appears. It is therefore necessary to take some additional steps to take care of your hearing aids in winter. We'll tell you what to look out for.
- Extra protection. It provides extra protection for your hearing aids when the weather is adverse. It is important that you wear a scarf, scarf or hat to cover your ears and prevent damage to your hearing aids.
- Intensify cleaning. In winter the ear secretes more earwax as a measure of protection against the cold of winter. This causes the hearing aids to become dirtier more frequently and requires more frequent cleaning. A good hearing aid cleaning kit will make the task easier.
- Avoid humidity. If you play winter sports, such as skiing, it is a good idea to use a specific hearing aid dehumidifier so that no ice or water gets in and if it does, it dries out as soon as possible.
- Store them in a specific box. This advice is important all year round, but especially in winter. The best hearing aid boxes have UV light and a ventilation system for drying. You will prevent the growth of bacteria and protect them from the cold or heat of the stoves. For us PerfectDry Lux is the best choice.
- It reduces volume. Hearing aids amplify sound. If you like skiing, you know that there are machines that exceed 100 dB, like snow cannons. Activate noise reduction when you're on the slope and ask your audiologist to activate wind noise reducers.
As you can see, taking care of your hearing aids in winter is very important. If you take these tips into account, you'll enjoy them for much longer. And if there is a problem, don't hesitate to contact us. We will find a solution to any hearing problem you may have.